Sunday, September 15, 2013

Verse 18

Good evening friends,

It's that time of month again, and my brain is a bit foggy tonight. I would love to come with a little something to encourage you but I'm hardly stringing to words together, let alone THOUGHTS! :)

I'm writing from Prince Edward Island, where I travelled with the two kids this week for my grandmother's funeral. It's been exhausting, but I'm so thankful I was able to get "home" to be with everyone at this time. My grandmother has left such a testimony, and I love hearing everyone's memories of her. Her faith-filled life and reputation as a prayer warrior is a fresh reminder that the only life to live, is a life that counts for God.  And the only way to get there, is that deeply personal relationship with Him. I can truly say my grandmother knew and loved her Saviour... her life showed it!

A hymn that she often sang was quoted at the funeral and the words were new to me... thought you might like them too!


There is singing up in Heaven such as we have never known,

Where the angels sing the praises of the Lamb upon the throne.....

Holy, holy, is what the angels sing,
And I expect to help them make the courts of heaven ring;
But when I sing redemption’s story, they will fold their wings,
For angels never felt the joys that our salvation brings.

So, although I’m not an angel, yet I know that over there
I will join a blessèd chorus that the angels cannot share;
I will sing about my Savior, who upon dark Calvary
Freely pardoned my transgressions, died to set a sinner free.




So...

Back to verses. :) Let's hear your 18th verse!

Enjoy the last half of your September. :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Renette- Bicester UK-For whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything. (1 John 3:20 ESV)

Payne Postings said...

Sheryl - GTA, Ontario
Isaiah 55.8-9 ESV
8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Hazel Leger said...

Hazel Leger- Nouvelle, QC

O Lord, Our Lord,How majestic is Your Name in all the earth, Who have displayed Your splendor above the heavens. Psalm 8:1
And those who know Your Name will put their trust in You, For You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalm 9:10 NASB

Hazel Leger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra Livingstone said...

Sandra - Doha, Qatar

O praise the Lord, all ye nations; praise Him, all ye people. For his merciful kindness is great toward us, and the truth of the Lord endureth for ever. Praise ye the Lord. Psalm 117 KJV

Anonymous said...

Beth R, Palapye
John 15 v 21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. (KJV)