Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Scripture Memory - Verse 19

Good morning friends!

Such a beautiful morning today - the sun always shines brighter after a grey drizzly day, don't you find?

A sunny fall day makes me feel all optimistic - like maybe I will actually be disciplined this October and memorize my verse properly?! ;)

I can't remember if I've confessed this here before or not... but I'm a blog-reading addict. I spend too much time reading all sorts of wonderfully encouraging blogs that urge me to walk closer to God... many tips and suggestions are given to live more disciplined and to faithfully serve Him. I am wowed and encouraged by the faith-walk of so many others and long for such faith in my own life.

Now, reading these isn't a bad thing. We ARE to encourage each other and to build each other up, and I believe that's what a lot of these blog posts I read are meant to do. 

But if one doesn't take the message/truth and apply it in our own lives, than it's useless. 

So that leads me to my verse for October 1st.

James 1:22 - Do not merely listen to the Word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 

Praying THIS becomes more than words to me, but the Truth that it is.

How about you friends? What are you choosing to focus on for the first half of October?

2 comments:

Payne Postings said...

Sheryl P GTA Ontario
Matthew 6.34 (ESV) "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Sandra Livingstone said...

Sandra L, Doha, Qatar. Isa 43:19 KJV Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.