Friday, November 1, 2013

Verse 21 - Scripture Memory Challenge

Can you believe we only have 4 verses to go before our year's challenge is up?? 20 verses locked in our minds ladies (and a few gentlemen and kids out there!)! We can make that 24 verses!

I just want to give you a huge hug for doing the hard work that is promised to enrich our thought life and flow out into our relationships;  focusing us on our God and His Truths and working it out in our every day life. We can't lose doing this. It IS for our good. 

So… don't give up. Keep training your memory and recall muscle. Strengthen it by daily repetition and meditation. Lets let God's Word do His work in us. 

I just want to give a shout-out to Beth in Palapye… she teaches a class of FIFTY (!!) girls age 10-12 years old… that alone deserves a prayer request. :) In her comment on the last post, she said 17 girls said their verses from John 1 (I think 23 verses, but I might have misunderstood)  almost word perfect. I was encouraged reading that and it also motivated me to work on my memorization for the last half of October! Thanks for sharing Beth. God bless you with your class!

So let's hear it - what's your verse to kick of November?


6 comments:

Hazel Leger said...

Hazel Leger - Nouvelle, QC

2Peter 3: 7, 11 NASB

"But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgement and destruction of ungodly men....
Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness."

Janna said...

Janna - GTA, Ontario
For all of November at least, I'm going to work on Psalm 100. I need a change in thought pattern, and will focus on giving thanks this month :)

Psalm 100 (NLT)

A psalm of thanksgiving.

Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth!
Worship the Lord with gladness.
Come before him, singing with joy.
Acknowledge that the Lord is God!
He made us, and we are his.
We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving;
go into his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good.
His unfailing love continues forever,
and his faithfulness continues to each generation.

Sandra Livingstone said...

Sandra, Qatar

Cause me to hear thy loving kindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust; cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee. Psalm 143:8 KJV

No one else in whom we can trust! I can safely trust when my footsteps are directed only by God!

Unknown said...

Renette, Bicester-I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep. (John 10:14, 15 ESV)

Hazel Leger said...

Love that Psalm! I enjoyed it lately again. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Beth R - Palapye
Continuing with John 15. The verse this time is:
v24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.