Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Scripture Memory - Verse 20 :)

Here in Canada we have enjoyed a beautiful long Thanksgiving weekend. The weather has been amazing - warm and sunny most of the time! Our little family of four have had a mini-vacation away from the city... it's been so nice to relax together doing fall-like activities -- a hike through a conservation area (love that crisp dead-leaf fall scent!), a visit to a farm with a horse-drawn wagon ride and a corn maze, eating turkey, playing in leaves... and a bit of summer thrown in with time at the beach playing in the sand and listening to the waves. No swimming this time! :) 

Down time like this and getting out into nature is good for the soul. It causes me to pause and to count my blessings... a true time of Thanksgiving to the Giver of all good gifts.

It's only fitting that my verse for October 15th is:

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. Ps 118:29

What have you been enjoying lately? What verse will be your theme to focus on the last half of October?

4 comments:

Hazel Leger said...

Hazel Leger - Nouvelle, QC

Hebrews 5:7 NASB

In the days of His flesh, He offered up both prayers and supplications with loud crying and tears to the One able to save Him from death, and He was heard because of His piety...

Payne Postings said...

Sheryl P GTA, Ontario
Hebrews 12.2 ooking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.

Anonymous said...

Beth R - Palapye
This week in Sunday School I was testing the girls I teach (10 - 12 year olds) on their verses that we have been learning through the year. We have been learning John 1 v 1 - 23. I had 17 girls (out of a class of 50) who were able to say all their verses almost word perfect. They put me to shame!
So they were a good motivator for me to continue learning my chosen chapter.
This week's verse for me is:
John 15 v 22, 23
If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.
He that hateth me hateth my Father also

Sandra Livingstone said...

Sandra, Doha
(late getting it posted but it was written on my memory sheet!)

The Lord hath done great things for us whereof we are glad. Psalm 126:3
Have been amazed lately at so many blessings in my life ... undeserved, unmerited! Such an amazing loving Father!!!